The following is a list of the many tabs available in the Pick List area.
Note: there are several Group Pick Lists you can use to filter for specific lists: All, Client Demographics, Client Misc., People/Contacts/Addresses, Billing and Other. This will give you fewer tabs to look through if you know which category you need.
Profile-This is what is assigned to each user that indicates what they can see and do inside PIMSY.
- Name – The position that your employees hold within your practice. When you assign someone a profile, it is indicative of their position in the company and their level of access to the system. You can have as many profiles as you want and different ones for any position (for example, two office assistants, each with different job functions).
- Description – You would want to put something that describes that position. In the example above you could do office assistant as one description and the other office assistant with payroll.
- Active – Making a profile inactive prevents that profile from being used in the system. If a user has that profile assigned to them, they will be unable to log into the system.
- Client Admin – A profile with this setting has access to ALL client charts. If it is not checked, they will only be able to access the specific clients they are assigned to (or that their supervisers are assigned to). This setting should be checked for support personnel (billing, med recs, etc).
- User Admin – This setting enables those users with this profile to have access to ALL user files (HR personnel).
- PT/QP (Primary Therapist/Qualified Professional) – This setting should be checked for users that are clinicians/providers (PT=Primary Therapist, QP=Qualified Professional) of service. If it is not checked, anyone with that profile will not show up in the provider pick list to be assigned to the client.
- Doctor - This setting allows the user to be attached to a chart as physician, enables access for e-Prescribing, and is used for Meaningful Use.
- Power User - User who can see and do everything in the PIMSY system. Be careful here.
- Emergency Access - will give on-call provider access to all clients in case of an emergency (PIMSY Platinum version only). This is for one-time use only and you need to check client admin also so they can see all the clients.
- Default - Sets the profile as a default when a new user is created. This can be manually changed for the user during setup.
Location Types – These are the different places where you see patients or clients. You can use this to track how many patients you see in each location. Locations are like Clinic, Home, Hospital, School, etc. PIMSY will pre-load most for you, however, be sure the ones used are Active by clicking the box in the third column. If you want to set a default location, that can be done by clicking it in the fourth column. This is important for in-patient treatment centers because of the bill types.
Bill Type Columns are used for institutional billing. (Please let PIMSY Support know so we can assist you in setting this up).
User Modifiers - These are modifiers you add to the end of the CPT code to go with some users and/or some insurance companies for billing. (If you are not familiar with these you may not use them)
Location Modifiers – These show whether it’s in clinic or out of clinic. This is used for billing. These are used along with the modifiers.
Prefix & Suffix – Both these tabs are pre-populated. If you see something that isn’t there it can be added by going to the last row and typing what you need to add. It’s important to be sure all columns are filled out that apply, e.g., if the third column doesn’t have a check mark it will not be active. Don’t forget to Save it. DO NOT USE THESE IF BILLING ELECTRONICALLY.
User Titles – A user title needs to be created for each of your staff members which shows their credentials. These are assigned to staff on their user detail page. If a staff member has more than one credential, put them all in a row with a space between each. To add the title, begin typing in the last row, mark it as Active, and Save it. You may delete any that you do not need in your PIMSY. To delete, select the row you want to delete so that it is highlighted in blue, and then press the delete button on your keyboard.
Renewal Types – This is a list of items that need to be renewed on your staff or clients. Examples are License, Insurance, Annual trainings, etc. In the third column, select either Client or User from the drop-down list.
Renewal Sub-types – In the description above was the thread (renewal type) name, and here you attach items to those threads. For example, a Renewal Type of License might have a Renewal Sub-Type of Medical License. You would fill out the columns as follows:
- Medical License would be the Name of the renewal.
- The Renewal Type would be
- The Renewal Frequency select Annually.
- Make it Active.
- Suspend Note Releasing by User on Expiration, means if the user does not keep their license up to date or any other renewal you can set this so the user cannot release notes on clients until their item is renewed.
- Suspend Note Releasing on Client on Expiration, if a user allows a renewal on a client to expire they cannot release the client’s notes until the renewals are done.
- Expiration Alert Lead Time in Days, will give the user an alert the number of days before it is set to expire. If you don’t fill it out then it will remind only on the expiration date.
- Auto add to new client or users tells the system to add this renewal automatically upon initial setup of a user or client.
Unit Types – This is how the orders and renewal frequency calculate. Please do not make any changes to this tab.
Units – Currently these are all that are active. These units utilize mathematics that run in the background so please do not add anything to this list. If you do not see something you need, please contact PIMSY Support or submit a Help Desk ticket.
Address types – Preloaded with Billing, Mailing & Physical.
States – This is currently a pre-populated list of all US states. Please set the state of your practice to the default. At this time, PIMSY does not offer multiple State assignments to addresses. Default is only set to one – you can use other states on client demographics.
County – Here you can list the counties surrounding you and you will be able to assign them to your clients. This is a list of all counties that your clients live in that you can attach to the client demographics so you can track how many clients you have in each county.
Country – USA is currently listed, you shouldn’t need to add anything here at this time. PIMSY does not offer multiple Country assignments to addresses.
Grade – We have preloaded all grades here so nothing should need to be added.
Location code – Make sure to list all places you see clients. Be sure the Active box is checked in the third column. The Location Code has to be active in order for you to assign the code to a client and for it to go out on the billing.
Race – A pre-populated list is included. If you need to add additional click on the last line and type what you need to add, making sure to click the box in the Active column.
Gender – A full list, including transgender, is included for MU tracking.
Marital Status – A full list is included.
Relationship – This is preloaded.
Billing Code Types - This is a list of billing code types that will be assigned to each bill code.
Referral Source – This is a list of how your clients hear about you or who referred them for service.
Contact Type – This gives you additional contact types you might need to keep for your clients. This will show under your client’s Contact tab. You can add to this list, but you cannot delete from it, only make inactive.
Client checklist type – This is the client’s chart deficiency list. Here is where you can create a working and ongoing checklist for clients/patients. This list can be items that are missing or needed for a chart to be complete and audit proof. If you have Add to New Clients checked then those checklist items will be auto-added to the chart upon initial setup. *It is recommended that you complete your initial migration and setup of all existing clients into the system prior to checking the Add to New Clients to avoid all your previous clients from having these items listed as a deficiency in the chart.*
Document Types – These are the types of documents that you may upload into a company folder, a patient file, a user’s personnel folder, or even a public or private document within PIMSY. (These relate back to document tabs we mentioned earlier that you will see throughout PIMSY on the Documents tab in Organization Management.
Diagnosis Type – Currently it’s preloaded with Axis I – V and the Rule out Code, if your office needs these.
Diagnosis Codes –This list includes mental health related ICD-9 and DSM-5 codes. If there isn’t a code that is used by the company, please add it to the bottom of the list. It will be available to everyone within the company’s PIMSY.
Request Types – A traceable internal job-specific function can be sent to a person or a group of people (user group) to be fulfilled. This will be discussed in more detail under utilities.
Reason for Termination – This is a list of why the patient/client is no longer with the practice.
Medications – a list of common medications used in your practice.
Denial Codes – This can be used to record denials from insurance claims. The idea behind this is if you see the same denial reason, for the same person, work can be done by a staff member to help prevent the denials in the future. This is completely optional.
Note Types – Customizable note templates.
- Under Name you would put the name of the note type (e.g., SOAP).
- The Description is optional, if you want to put a description of each template.
- Type in MS Word, double spaced, and then copy and paste under Template.
- Check the Active box if it is a note to be used.
- If one note is used more than any other it can be made as the Default by clicking this box.
Status – We have preloaded these, however you can add more by selecting the last line and entering your status. These are found throughout PIMSY in different areas.
Residence Type – Different types of housing where your patients/clients might live. If this is something that isn’t used by your practice you can inactive all of them. If you do use them and don’t see a residence type, you can add by just typing in the last row and making it active.
EDE Type – This will be completed if/when a clearinghouse is chosen. Please don’t change anything here.
Need Type – This refers to either Long or Short term for the treatment plan. This can be changed or added to.
Delivery Types – List of delivery methods used to share patient records/charts.
Disclosure Types – Listing what type of items can be disclosed when requested.
Smoking Status – Pre-populated list to describe people’s smoking status. Everything should be here, however, anything can be added.
Ethnicity – We have included a list, however you can add anything that is needed for your practice.
Language – A pre-populated list that has most languages, however not all of them come active, so you may have to activate others that you need.
Living Arrangements – Different types of housing where patients/clients may live. If you don’t need or want to use this you can make all inactive.
Handicapped – Preloaded list, if something isn’t used or something needs to be added it can be.
Target Population – This is for North Carolina. If you are not in NC make them inactive.
Substance – A preloaded list is supplied, however, we are sure there are some substances you will need to add. Don’t forget to make them Active by checking the box.
Substance Frequency - Preloaded, nothing should have to be added, however, it can be added if needed.
Substance Route – Preloaded with everything that should be needed, however, you are free to add anything that may be needed.
Q&A Categories – This is a list of all the different places in PIMSY where you will see Q&A’s that can be built.
Q&A Questions – This is a list of all the questions that are already in PIMSY. This is also where you would add new questions and select what it will show up on the Q&A’s.
Q&A Pick List – This is where you create your drop-down options that go along with the questions you have in PIMSY.
Payment Method – These are the additional payments you accept other than insurance or other payer sources.
Order Types – Orders you would request outside your office. This is so you can track when and what was ordered.
Disclosure Reason – This is where you create the reasons you are sending/sharing all or part of the patient’s/client’s chart. This list should reflect the disclosure reasons listed on your Consent to Release form.
Contact Method – Preloaded with all the different ways you can get in touch with a patient/client. This is for those using PIMSY’s Reminder Call vendor.
Templates – Create templates to use on a patient/client treatment plan, progress note, assessment note, or Group Notes. Name would be like the diagnosis, select the Template from the drop-down menu. For the template, it is suggested to type it in a MS Word document and copy/paste it in the template column (for the template it can be anything from an outline to complete sentences.). Be sure it’s Active.
Auth Groups – This enables a group of codes to be decremented together, rather than separately, when a payer source authorizes as such.
Links – This area will allow you to put frequently used web links inside your practice’s PIMSY.Everyone within your practice will be able to have access to them from the Links menu.
LOINC Test Codes – These are standard, universal codes for lab results. If you utilize lab results, you can use the LOINC codes here. Use these if you want clinical decision support on those tests. Each lab test has a LOINC code associated with it and you can obtain the codes from a test lab.
Instructions for Pick List setup are here.
If you cannot find what you need in this article, please contact Support (email) or call 877.334.8512 ext. 3.